How to Join
Step 01: Come out on a club spin (or two)
To ensure MAD is the right club for you, you should come out on a couple of club spins.
Open club spins are usually run on the last weekend of the month – look out for dates in our calendar or on social media! These spins see lots of club members out so it’s a great chance to get a taste of what the club is like and sample some trail favourites.
The pace is easy-to-average and route choice varies to suit the group. No one is left behind. We encourage everyone to ride within their existing skill level and comfort zone.
All are welcome on these spins but it is important to have a general level of fitness and some experience on a mountain bike. If you are familiar with the official trails in Ticknock/Ballinastoe and able to comfortably complete a full 13/14km loop, then you should be well able to join us. Read more about what to expect on your first club spin here.
Open club spins are led by experienced MAD members on-hand to provide advice and answer any questions you may have regarding riding with the club.
Sounds good? Fill out the Open Club spin sign-up form below and we will be in touch with details when the next spin is due to take place!
Step 02: Join the Club
Once you’ve joined us for an open club spin, and you want to get in on all the action, now all that’s left to do is actually join the club. Here’s how:
- Sign up for a Cycling Ireland (CI) www.cyclingireland.ie licence.
- Choose your licence — if you don’t have plans to start racing straight away, then the best licence choice is typically a Leisure Licence. This will still allow you to race, simply by paying for a one-day licence on the day of an event. The other licence option for a typical MTB racer would be a Limited Competition Licence. *Please note that Leisure Licence is a minimum requirement to join the club*
- After choosing your Licence type, choose your club — MTB Assoc of Dublin
- From here you can now pay both your CI licence fee and your club membership fee.
- As soon as your membership is approved (as soon as we pick up the email) you are now a member of the club.
**Please note that we are unable to accept members under the age of 18 at this time. See Underage Policy**
Step 03: Join the Forum
Plans and discussions of spins and club activities are kept in the member’s forum. To gain access to the member’s forum please set up an account at http://madmtb.com/forum/ and follow the instruction there on how to gain access to the member’s area.
Already an experienced rider?
So you already have sufficient biking experience and you want to join up straight away without the need for an Intro spin. You might be looking to learn the trails or take advantage of being a member of Ireland’s largest mountain bike club. No problem, you can join up straight away by paying your club fee directly to the club, if you already have a Cycling Ireland licence. Or you can pay for your Cycling Ireland licence and MAD membership fee at the same time through the Cycling Ireland website.
For direct payment details or other queries, please email email@example.com.
Annual membership runs from 1st January to 31st December each year. The annual membership cost is currently €30 (note there is also a reduced membership cost of €25 for additional family members). Cycling Ireland licence fees are outlined on the CI website.
If you have any questions on any of the above details or any other club matter, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org