You should come on a few rides with us before deciding to join the club. Members of other clubs and visitors to Dublin are always welcome on our rides.
Club membership is open to riders aged 18 and above. Under-age riders are welcome in certain circumstances. Please see our underage policy here.
To become a member of MAD please follow these steps:
1. Come out on a club spin (or two)
To ensure MAD is the right club for you, you should come out on a couple of club spins. You can find out about our introductory club spins by signing up to our Intro spin mailing list. We run Intro spins usually on the last weekend of each month (with the exception of months when the club runs other events). Email us for details about the time and place.
2. Join the club (and cycling Ireland)
Once you’ve joined us for an introductory spin, and you want to get in on all the action, now all that’s left to do is actually join the club. Here’s how:
- Sign up to Cycling Ireland (CI) www.cyclingireland.ie
- Choose your licence — if you don’t have plans to start racing straight away, then the best licence choice is typically a Non-Competition Licence. This will still allow you to race, simply by paying for a one day licence on the day of an event. The other licence option for a typical MTB racer would be a Limited Competition Licence. *Please note that Non-Competition Licence is a minimum requirement to join the club*
- After choosing your Licence type, choose your club — MTB Assoc of Dublin
- From here you can now pay both your CI licence fee and your club membership fee.
- As soon as your membership is approved (as soon as we pick up the email) you are now a member of the club.
- If you already have a CI licence and would like to join the club, your best option is to pay your club fee via Paypal. Please contact email@example.com for details.
- The last thing to do is to join the forum, to gain access to details of the next club spin.
3. Join the forum
Plans and discussions of spins and club activities are kept in the member’s forum. To gain access to the member’s forum please set up an account at http://madmtb.com/forum/ and follow the instruction there on how to gain access to the member’s area.
Already an experienced rider?
So you already have sufficient biking experience and you want to join up straight away without the need for an Intro spin. You might be looking to learn the trails or take advantage of being a member of Ireland’s largest mountain bike club. No problem, you can join up straight away by paying your club fee directly to the club, if you already have a Cycling Ireland licence. Or you can pay for your Cycling Ireland licence and MAD membership fee at the same time through the Cycling Ireland website.
For direct payment details or other queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual membership runs from 1st January to 31st December each year. The annual membership cost is currently €30 (note there is also a reduced membership cost of €25 for additional family members). Cycling Ireland licence fees are outlined on the CI website.
If you have any questions on any of the above details or any other club matter, drop us an email at email@example.com