Mountain Biking Association of Dublin

Author Topic: Good Night Lights  (Read 5964 times)

saccades

• Club Members
Re: Good Night Lights
« Reply #15 on: 27, October, 2020, 03:36:58 PM »
8000 lumans....   :o

You'll be cooking the squirrels in their beds. It's an interesting article though.

My choice would be a decent flood on the bars and a decent spot on the helmet. I much prefer no cables, but millions of people are not fussed.

Two lights means you have a "get out of jail free" card if something does happen to one of them.

I have a 2.2K luman light on the bars and I normally run it at about 1.6k so as to not swamp anyone else I'm riding with lights, if I'm doing a long spin it's down at 1.2K for a long burn time.

I'm struggling to comprehend having 8K tbh, it would be overkill in rain, mist or snow as you'd blind yourself with reflected light.

Stephen McMullan

• Club Members
« Reply #16 on: 27, October, 2020, 03:52:54 PM »
8000 lumans....   :o
I still want one!

Hywel

• Club Members
« Reply #17 on: 27, October, 2020, 04:57:18 PM »
yeah it's overkill alright! Anything from 1000 lumens for each light is enough... and won't drain the batteries in one hour.

feed

• Club Members
« Reply #18 on: 06, November, 2020, 09:52:51 AM »
The advantage of 8000 lumens is that any rider in front of you with a less powerful light will end up riding in their own shadow (effectively in the dark).
This will obviously cause them to crash allowing you to cycle over their broken body and achieve the ultimate goal of being first down the hill   :D [size=78%]    [/size]

Copyright © Mountain Biking Association of Dublin