Mountain Biking Association of Dublin

Author Topic: MTB Trousers  (Read 124 times)

TooOld4This

• Club Members
  • MAD about biking
MTB Trousers
« on: 25, November, 2021, 04:35:21 PM »
Prob wrong chat room for this. I'm wondering where people in the know go for MTB clothing. Not withstanding the MAD options - I'm looking of rsome form of long legged things. Preferably ones that can accommodate the "odd" spill because of stupid wet roots.

I've been getting by with a pair of road leggings - but they are starting to disintegrate with all my acrobatic tumbles.

Black Friday tomorrow. So hoping to catch a deal somewhere.

Stephen McMullan

• Club Members
Re: MTB Trousers
« Reply #1 on: 25, November, 2021, 05:28:10 PM »
Check out the Endura brand either 3/4 length or full leg length. There might be local retail options or the usual online options.

patmoran

• Club Members
  • MAD about biking
« Reply #2 on: 25, November, 2021, 06:59:35 PM »
https://dirtyridesmtbapparel.co.uk/

There's this place as well which I'm sure everyone here is already fully aware of but I'll throw up the link anyway. I'm not affiliated with them.

Hywel

• Club Members
« Reply #3 on: 25, November, 2021, 07:30:42 PM »
Cyclesuperstore.ie gives cycling Ireland members 12.5% off as well as 20 voucher each year - worth checking out to get full benefit of your annual CI fee.

krezi

• Club Members
« Reply #4 on: 25, November, 2021, 08:53:27 PM »
You can also check out foxracing.ie

What i like about their pants is the waist sizing, there is 32,34,36 etc so you can get good fit. I found out the waist adjusters on other pants when getting the regular sizing S,M,L are not working that well for me.

They offer free postage on returns so i would get various sizes and send back etc.

Endura is a safe bet as well, good quality and durable kit

Pawel

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

DerMot

• Club Members
  • Club Member
« Reply #5 on: 25, November, 2021, 11:25:56 PM »
Bought of pair of these this week

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/leatt-exclusive-trail-2-0-mtb-pants/rp-prod207457

I've put on a bit of weight recently, and found the XXL I bought, to fit my, near, 36" waist.

I do question me getting my full shin knee pads under them (I will make them fit), but the are pretty well fitting, come with a liner, and feel. like they will repeal dirt well.

Considering how hard I crash, I'm not sure how robust they will be, but am happy with the purchase so far.

Not worn them yet in any anger, but I did think it was good value.
Mileage may vary...., blah blah blah

TooOld4This

• Club Members
  • MAD about biking
« Reply #6 on: 26, November, 2021, 12:35:47 PM »
Thanks all - some great options.

krezi

• Club Members
« Reply #7 on: Today at 06:03:40 PM »
Check out the Endura brand either 3/4 length or full leg length. There might be local retail options or the usual online options.
It's a pity endura discountinued mt500 in 3/4 th guise. These were great pants. They only do hummavee in this length unfortunately...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Copyright © Mountain Biking Association of Dublin