Mountain Biking Association of Dublin

Author Topic: Any smart trainers for sale  (Read 442 times)

nmcgreen

• 2018 MAD Club Champion
  • Committee
Any smart trainers for sale
« on: 17, August, 2021, 10:27:06 AM »
Just wondering if anyone out there is selling a smart trainer.

Don't need anything too fancy but something that will work well with zwift etc.

Thanks
Niamh

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

DaveG

• Administrator
  • Member since 2012
    • www.2pi3.com/
Re: Any smart trainers for sale
« Reply #1 on: 20, September, 2021, 08:07:53 PM »
I got this off RobH last year and never used it, you can have the same deal if you're interested Niamh.

I've just upgraded my Smart Trainer so I have my old one for sale. It's a Tacx Vortex Tour De France Version. Disclaimer, this is almost 5 years old. Iíve done +10 thousand km on Zwift on this, but Itís still plugging away. Iíve also glued this trainer (not as bad as it sounds, itís just a hack for making it quieter as it gets old https://youtu.be/RVB6qMHmFHQ). Iíve no reason to believe this wonít last another 5 years, but I want to price this so somebody can get a bargin and not have to worry about it being pretty old. I really donít want to put this in the attic with imminent lockdown
I live in Greystones, so youíd need to pickup from there.
Price: 100 Euro. Iíll also include the spare road wheel I have with a newish turbo trainer tyre on it. I paid 30 euro for the tyre and probably a bit more for the wheel, so youíre paying very little for the Turbo. This means you can whip the road bike on the turbo and swap the wheel (youíll need a spare cassette for the wheel) Youíll also need a Smart Trainer dongle to connect this to your computer, that isnít provided.
I can send pictures by whatsapp if you want to see them. The forum is always a big hassle to upload images.

nmcgreen

• 2018 MAD Club Champion
  • Committee
« Reply #2 on: 23, September, 2021, 10:23:20 AM »
Thanks dave. Definitely interested.  I'll have a quick look at Rob's original post

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

frankgalan

• Club Members
« Reply #3 on: 27, September, 2021, 06:59:28 PM »
they seem to have good deals on Bike components site,

this elite is very popular and good value, [size=78%]https://www.bike-components.de/en/Elite/Suito-T-Trainer-p80401/[/size]

Copyright © Mountain Biking Association of Dublin