Mountain Biking Association of Dublin

Author Topic: I need new wheels - help!  (Read 1842 times)

krezi

• Club Members
Re: I need new wheels - help!
« Reply #15 on: 10, January, 2021, 08:04:16 PM »
Cheers. A bit pricier than I expected, but I'll consider it.
Defo quite expensive for what it is. The good thing you can always use it on other wheels or sell when no longer needed

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

frankgalan

• Club Members
Re: I need new wheels - help!
« Reply #16 on: 13, January, 2021, 12:14:54 PM »
James

It's a great excuse to upgrade to a new bike ;)

however, if it helps, I have the DT Swiss M1650 spline in mine and the freehub came with the rachet system, it works pretty well although the freehub gets scarred with the use, it seems to be normal wear and tear... I think the XD type may be more durable and compatible with 1/12s as DaveS said.
I serviced mine last summer and didn't bother using special grease, the industry also recommends Slick Honey, but I went with a light nano oil that I use for precise mechanical parts of my work toolbox, it's light reduces friction and increases mobility improving the engagement of the rachets and does not thickens in cold weather, to be honest, I think that any seeing machine oil would to a good job. Most of the time these products (lubs) are produced for other purposes and relabeled for the bike industry and the price tag is double and tripled.

Good luck with whatever set you go, I'm sure it will put a smile on your face  ;D
« Last Edit: 13, January, 2021, 03:55:58 PM by frankgalan »

Copyright © Mountain Biking Association of Dublin