Mountain Biking Association of Dublin

Author Topic: Manitou Mattoc Serice tools  (Read 1136 times)

Eoghan

• Committee
Manitou Mattoc Serice tools
« on: 05, July, 2019, 12:16:34 PM »
I've decided to give fork along overdue service but was a bit put out by cost of tool kit (about 80 for three pieces of what are just modified socket bits).

There are a few instructions on how to make these from standard socket bits online and I do have access to lathe in work. Just wondering has anyone done this and am I liable to wreck fork or is it as easy as is made out online.

Liam Phelan

• Club Members
Re: Manitou Mattoc Serice tools
« Reply #1 on: 05, July, 2019, 02:21:49 PM »
It should be illegal to require someone to buy specific tools for such a job, that sort of stuff drives me crazy. Money making racket and nonsense like that just leads to more waste as people are more likely to new products rather going through all the nonsense to try fix them.

Anyway, rant over, best of luck with it.

Would something like this do the job?

Eoghan

• Committee
Re: Manitou Mattoc Serice tools
« Reply #2 on: 05, July, 2019, 08:51:30 PM »
No I don't think that would do. The set comprises of a flat faced 24mm socket, a long 8mm socket turned down to external diameter of 10mm and a cassette tool with a slot cut out of it. I wholly agree with you that this is just daylight robbery. That's should cost about tenner at most.

I think I'll just give take a chance and try it. Have all the tools at home anyway, just need to stick the 8mm socket in lathe and take some off it.

Copyright © Mountain Biking Association of Dublin