Mountain Biking Association of Dublin

Author Topic: Bike Insurance  (Read 1739 times)

Roest Whittle

• King Guerrilla Gowl
Bike Insurance
« on: 09, March, 2018, 10:11:09 AM »
Comrades,

Has anyone attempted to buy stand alone bicycle insurance lately ? Blue insurance offer cover but the value of the bike is capped. Any of the rest of the of the company's who popped up on a google search no longer provide cover. Ya'd think they'd update their web pages. Don't know know my time is valuable! Geebags.

Liam Phelan

• Club Members

WeekendWarrior

• Club Members
Re: Bike Insurance
« Reply #2 on: 09, March, 2018, 01:06:22 PM »
Comrades,

Has anyone attempted to buy stand alone bicycle insurance lately ? Blue insurance offer cover but the value of the bike is capped. Any of the rest of the of the company's who popped up on a google search no longer provide cover. Ya'd think they'd update their web pages. Don't know know my time is valuable! Geebags.

http://www.bicycleinsurance.ie/

It's prohibitively expensive in my opinion. You'll end up paying about 10% of the bike's (new) value a year.

Roest Whittle

• King Guerrilla Gowl
Re: Bike Insurance
« Reply #3 on: 10, March, 2018, 08:17:30 AM »
Comrades,

http://www.bicycleinsurance.ie/

It's prohibitively expensive in my opinion. You'll end up paying about 10% of the bike's (new) value a year.
Yea, that's Blue Insurance. I'll give that Naas crowd a ring on Monday. Thanks lads.

Copyright © Mountain Biking Association of Dublin