Mountain Biking Association of Dublin

Author Topic: Licence Type  (Read 2043 times)

DarraghG

Licence Type
« on: 02, January, 2018, 11:17:01 AM »
Hi Guys,

Hoping someone could help with the type of CI Licence I should be looking at getting myself.

I've been out on two intro spins, sold my hardtail and recently picked up a full suss, I've been getting out as much as possible and want to join the club.

I'm not 100% which type of licence I should pick up (competitive / leisure). As I'm hoping to do some enduro races this year (likely to be 3/4 rounds of the gravity enduro and other races where possible) would I be best going for the competitive licence? I'm aware I could still get a leisure licence and just pay a fee on the day of the events, I suppose my question is - if I'm planning on doing a few races, would the cost of the leisure licence plus say 4/5 "top up fees" at events be more or less than the competitive licence?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Happy new year to all,

ruth:D

• MAD Club Treasurer 2019-2020
  • Club Members
Re: Licence Type
« Reply #1 on: 02, January, 2018, 02:03:56 PM »
I think if you are looking at doing around 3/4 races then the cost of the Limited Competition license(which I think is what you need) will be covered as is only 30 euro more. If you think it will be less or you're just trying out racing then go for Leisure and topping up that on the day of a Gravity Enduro is 10 euro. Competition license is more expensive if not in a club but in a club you have club fee for any license type.

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/membership/membership-overview/types-of-membership1

ianrenton

• Livescore
« Reply #2 on: 04, January, 2018, 06:05:35 PM »
I think if you are looking at doing around 3/4 races then the cost of the Limited Competition license(which I think is what you need) will be covered as is only 30 euro more. If you think it will be less or you're just trying out racing then go for Leisure and topping up that on the day of a Gravity Enduro is 10 euro. Competition license is more expensive if not in a club but in a club you have club fee for any license type.

Thanks for the answer.  This helps

ruth:D

• MAD Club Treasurer 2019-2020
  • Club Members
« Reply #3 on: 04, January, 2018, 08:07:38 PM »
Glad it helps. I've been through the gauntlet of getting license on CI website a few times now and it still confuses me!

Copyright © Mountain Biking Association of Dublin