Mountain Biking Association of Dublin

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend decent mountain bike night lights combo please?  (Read 154 times)

DoeZer

• Club Members
I know this has been covered in some older threads.

but i can only find threads that are 1 to 2 years old,  so the links arent working to most of the products that people are recommending..

i suppose the technology is changing quite quickly with these things.

Im looking for a good helmet and front bar combo that i could use - but it doesnt have to be top level, lighting the whole mountain or anything.
just a decent setup that will work for the basic places Ticknock etc.

thanks
Domhnall

Adam Kenny

• Club Members
  • Bringin up the rear!
Re: Can anyone recommend decent mountain bike night lights combo please?
« Reply #1 on: 14, November, 2018, 01:58:35 PM »
Hi DoeZer

I recently bought a combo deal, like what you are looking for. I went with the Magic Shine's. But bought them through Bike Lights UK as I was looking for a strong flood on the bars and also something on the helmet, but I wasn't keen on having cable's, cords, etc hanging from my head, bag, etc.

I went with this combo package: https://www.bikelightsuk.com/lights/bike-light-packages/?Page_ID=3610&refpid=58783&id=761245 and I just tried them out last night @ Ticknock and so far so good (hopefully they stay good!) all up, with shipping included they were about 225.00 which is pretty decent as the flood for the bar comes with a Bluetooth remote which is very handy and also a rear light as well, includes the Y splitter, battery (that can mount to your frame) etc (no extra's needed to purchase) and the other light for the helmet has rechargeable & replaceable lithium ion batteries and no cables, cords, etc and in the combo, they include the helmet mount for it as well.

Hope that helps!

DoeZer

• Club Members
Re: Can anyone recommend decent mountain bike night lights combo please?
« Reply #2 on: 14, November, 2018, 08:40:01 PM »
Looks perfect
Thanks Adam..

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Copyright © Mountain Biking Association of Dublin