Mountain Biking Association of Dublin

Author Topic: Night Spins  (Read 159 times)

MaddogIRL

Night Spins
« on: 14, August, 2018, 12:55:52 PM »
Hi Guys,

I reluctantly rescinded my Club membership about a year ago (after 6/7 years) as I just wasn't getting out on spins with you lovely people (two wee kids ruining my fun!  :-\). I want to re-join you beautiful people, but I really only have time for night spins at the moment and more specifically spins starting at around 7:30pm or 8pm. I'm just trying to see if there would be any interest in doing night spins starting at this time? My plan is just to start doing easy night spins in Ticknock as I'm new to night spins and then build on from there as my confidence grows.

Cheers

Brian

Stephen McMullan

• Club Members
Re: Night Spins
« Reply #1 on: 14, August, 2018, 01:04:01 PM »
Hey Brian,
Welcome back dude. I was only thinking about ya the other day on a spin that hadn't seen you around for a while. Yep I guess thats the cost of having nippers. There's still enough light up to about 8.30pm if you pick the right trails (west facing slopes on a clear eve, not too much tree cover). One option is to try to hook up with Ticknock 7pm or 6.30pm spins at a halfway point or something. Maybe there's other folks in similar situation. Alternatively if its a case of going alone or not at all then just get out for an hour of power lap of the Coilltes - push hard on the climbs and cruise the descents. Get some decent lights (Magicshine!) and take the speed down a wee notch and err on the side of caution and you'll be grand and then try and hook up for a daytime spin at the weekend if possible.

MaddogIRL

Re: Night Spins
« Reply #2 on: 14, August, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »
Hey Stephen,

Have the Magicshine lights and I have been out for a few spins locally at night last winter. I did plenty of day spins and evening spins over the summer and I really don't want to stop biking over the winter (it keeps me sane!!).  Meeting up with others half way might be an option alright, but hopefully there might be a few others in the same boat and looking for a slightly later start.

Copyright © Mountain Biking Association of Dublin