Mountain Biking Association of Dublin

Author Topic: DT SWISS XM 1501 - would this be a good wheel for XC?  (Read 86 times)

nmcgreen

• Club Members
    • View Profile
DT SWISS XM 1501 - would this be a good wheel for XC?
« on: 07, December, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »
Hi,

just looking on Canyon's 12 days 24 hr sale, and they have a number of MTB wheels for sale at big discount.

I want to replace my lost front wheel on the Anthem with a decent wheel for XC racing.

Would this wheel be any good? on sale for Ä129.95

DT SWISS XM 1501 27.5
The 2016 DT Swiss XM 1501 Front Wheel offers an outstanding combination of lightweight construction, durability and cutting-edge technology. The well thought-out profile dimensions, the special surface treatment and the gentle anodization exceed the standard for lightweight and durable rims. The uncomplicated tubeless setup, the Straight Pull hubs and high-quality forged, triple-crossed spokes complete the wheel package. FeaturesTubeless Ready Technology
[/size]
  • Spline One Technology
  • Straight Pull Technology provides the ideal strength to weight ratio
  • DT Swiss Ratchet System
  • Invisible rim connection by special welding process
  • Product DetailsWheel Size: 27.5 in
  • Number of Spokes: 28
  • Lacing: 3x
  • Hub Axle System: 15/100
  • Tire Type: Clincher Tubeless Ready
  • Weight: Approx. 745 g
  • Rim Width: 22.5 mm
  • Disc Mount: IS (6-bolt)

Juan

• Club Members
    • View Profile
Re: DT SWISS XM 1501 - would this be a good wheel for XC?
« Reply #1 on: 08, December, 2017, 07:31:36 AM »
I ride these wheels since a while and til now no probs (Iíd say around 4K km). I have service myself two times the free hub and havenít found any mud inside, what is actually a good thing.

It was easy to set up them as tubeless. And only one time I had to readjust the rim after jumping in the Wicklow way and landing on a rock with the back wheel.

If you mount tires up to 2,2 or 2,3 you will be fine with that wide of rim.

I like factory DT Swiss wheels. I donít know if I will have the same opinion if I had problems with the bearings but for now are fine

Copyright © Mountain Biking Association of Dublin